BlackBerry Trade Up FAQs
- How is the trade-in value for my used BlackBerry® smartphone determined?
- The trade-in value is based on the condition and model of the existing BlackBerry smartphone you are trading in.
- Do I have to purchase a specific new BlackBerry smartphone(s) to take advantage of the Trade Up programme?
- Yes, to take advantage of the Trade Up programme, you must buy one of the following smartphone(s): BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry 9720, BlackBerry Q5, BlackBerry Z10, or BlackBerry Q10.
- Do I have to trade in a specific BlackBerry smartphone(s) to participate in the programme?
- Yes, you must trade in a working BlackBerry Curve 8520, BlackBerry Curve 9300, BlackBerry Curve 9320, Blackberry Curve 9360, BlackBerry Bold 9700, BlackBerry Bold 9780, BlackBerry Bold 9790, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Blackberry Torch 9810, BlackBerry Torch 9860, or BlackBerry Bold 9900.
- What should I do if I cannot find my specific BlackBerry model on the Trade Up site?
- If you can't find your specific model then it cannot be used as part of this Trade Up programme.
- How many used smartphones can I trade in?
- You can trade in one used BlackBerry smartphone for each new eligible BlackBerry smartphone you purchase up to a total of 5 smartphones.
- If I am a business customer or authorised retailer, can I trade in my smartphones on this site?
- This site is intended for consumer trade-ins of one to five devices only. If you are a business, please go to our bulk order page here.
- How long is my quote valid for?
- Quotes are valid for 30 days from the date of issue or until the end date of the programme (whichever comes first).
- What must I send in with my used BlackBerry smartphone to receive the full trade-in value?
- The working smartphone and battery, as well as the information included in Q9 below, is all that is required in regards to hardware and documentation. NOTE: Please make sure that the battery is in the smartphone prior to shipping it and that you remove any memory card and SIM card in the smartphone.
- What documentation do you require as a proof of purchase?
- Trade Up quote voucher generated by the quote desk.
- A valid proof of purchase which is a copy of the purchase invoice or receipt showing your new BlackBerry smartphones IMEI number OR a scan of the label showing the IMEI barcode from the side of the retail packaging.
- What condition does my BlackBerry smartphone need to be in?
In order to be eligible for trade-in, your BlackBerry smartphone should be in the following condition:
- Fully-functional - It powers up and can make and receive a call and all components (camera, keyboard, software, touch screen) are operational.
- The user lock must be removed. It should be able to send and receive calls with all-working features without the need to enter any unique code or password prior to use.
- No liquid damage internally or externally. Most BlackBerry smartphones have a WHITE sticker (shaped like a dot) behind the battery cover. If this dot has turned from WHITE to RED, then the smartphone has liquid damage.
- Have a valid IMEI number, which can be found on the compliance plate underneath your battery or from your BlackBerry Home screen, select "options" and then select "status".
- How long do I have to return my old smartphone?
- You have 30 days from the date of your Trade Up quote to send in your old smartphone.
- What happens to any personal information or media stored on the BlackBerry smartphone?
- All personal information, data and applications should be wiped before you send in your smartphone. If not all data is cleared, BlackBerry's (BlackBerry) Global Repair Services does a full wipe. Instructions on wiping a BlackBerry smartphone.
- What type of packaging should I use to ship in my BlackBerry smartphone?
- Please package your used BlackBerry smartphone carefully along with the required documentation in an envelope or small box. Attach the freepost label provided by the Trade Up website and send it in via Royal Mail. NOTE: Please make sure the battery is attached to the BlackBerry smartphone prior to shipping it in.
- Do I need separate packaging for multiple BlackBerry smartphones?
- No, we can accept up to 5 smartphones in each package. We do need your proofs of purchase, so be sure to include them along with a separate quotation voucher for each trade up.
- How long will it take to get my Trade Up refund?
- Your Trade Up refund will be sent to you within 30 days. Should you have a question about the status of your claim, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I get paid?
- A cheque will be issued and mailed to the address you provided on your quote.
- Where does my old smartphone go when I trade it in?
- Once your BlackBerry smartphone is received at Clover Environmental Solutions, BlackBerry's trade-in partner, it will be tested and inspected. All personal data and corporate IT policies will be removed by BlackBerry's (BlackBerry) Global Repair Services. After the data is wiped, the smartphones that are reusable may be resold to retailers, wholesalers or consumers. Smartphones that are not reusable are sent to our recycling partners to be broken down into their core components and recycled accordingly. It is YOUR responsibility to wipe all personal information, data and applications before sending in your device. Instructions on wiping a BlackBerry smartphone.
- What is BlackBerry® 10?
BlackBerry® 10 is the latest software for BlackBerry smartphones. It offers the smoothest BlackBerry experience to date with instant response times and faster page loading. With new technologies like Near Field Communication, Augmented Reality and HD video recording, there's even more to explore.
Learn more about BlackBerry 10.